Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving, Wine, Lights, Trees, and Wreaths...and a BUSY 10 month old...

We are a blessed family. I thought of how blessed we are so many times over the Thanksgiving holiday more than I ever have. My family has so much to be thankful for...let me attempt to make a list:
I cannot write one single thing that I am thankful for before my son, Blaine. Blaine in his short 10 months of life has brought so much joy to mine, and Jason's life. I am simply incapable of realizing my life without him in it every single day. Jason and I both have healthy parents that are able to take care of themselves, and that still take care of us in so many ways. Jason and I both have mothers that are the heart of our families...they have created strong traditions that Al and I enjoy, and look forward to every year, and fathers that work very hard to provide for their families. I have a new nephew Jackson Lee that has brought our family even closer together I have to say that 2009 has been so good to the Anderson family. We have been blessed with two happy and healthy little boys that I hope will grow up to love one another, and share even a fraction of the bond that Al and I ( and Melissa and Nathan) share. I realize that they are not brothers, but they are as close as you can get without being brothers. Jason and I both have jobs that we have worked very hard for, a home that is nicer than anything we ever imagined we would have. We have an exteneded family that supports us, and that love Blaine so much. I am blessed that my child stays with someone that loves him nearly as much as I do (probably as close as it can come without being a child's mother). I could go on and on, AND ON...

This week was wonderful, and I'm gonna water it down a bit for the sake of time. My vacation started on Thanksgiving Day. This was Jason's first Thanksgiving off of work in all of the years we have been together, and it was awesome. We joined my Mom and Dad for Thanksgiving lunch...my Mom made collards (one of my most favorite things in the entire world), and cracker cake (my other most favoritest thing) : ) After hanging out with them a while Jason and I came home, rested up, and headed to his Mom's for Thanksgiving supper. Blaine was such a trooper even through the lack of schedule ( we are very schedule oriented, which def. has its downside). Afterward Jason's parents came over to hang out, and ended up helping to decorate our Christmas tree...it was rough, but fun : ) I believe that there are over 2000 lights on our Christmas Tree, and it is beautiful (the picture does not do it justice!!!) : )


Friday we had Turkey Day leftovers at Jason's Mom's and it was delish. Blaine met Rudolph and santa and Jason's Mom's and he LOVED the rudolph...









...and Jason, Blaine and I shopped for outdoor decorations. We purchased a deer, sleigh, and snowman... I still want so much more for the outside...but this will be it until next year. Jason hung a 60" wreath on our upstairs 3 window combo, and a wreath on the door. I am IN LOVE with the upstairs wreath...it actually had plenty of lights in it (surprise)




Saturday Jason and I stayed pretty close to home...we ate with Larry, Jo Ann, Heather and Matt...and we really enjoyed it. We joke that Blaine turns in to a whiny pumpkin at 7:00 (his bedtime) IF he is not in bed. However, even though Blaine def. did turn into a pumpkin we had such a good time with them. Sunday was an unusually quiet Sunday. Jason worked 3rd last night so I napped with him a couple of times today (during Blaine's naps). I did manage to get some laundry done, make a meatloaf for supper, and play with Blaine. I didn't make it to church or Mom's today, but I did make time to do some school work so that my week will go smoothly.

Blaine has been walking everywhere...although still "wobbly" he is doing really well. I am also starting to hear some mimicking with speech going on. Blaine is attempting to say what I am saying, but he is obviously having difficulty putting those syllables together. Today we actually went outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather as I chased Blaine in the wide open space. Blaine LOVES the outdoors!!

I have LOVED this first Thanksgiving...Blaine ate some turkey, lot's of mashed potatoes, and sweet potatoes, and still managed to stay on a sort of schedule. : ) Happy Thanksgiving to all, and Merry Christmas too...here are a few random pics from the week...







No comments:

Post a Comment