Wednesday, May 5, 2010

It's gonna be a "farmer's tan" Summer...

I am LOVING this warm weather with my family, and let me tell you I have an OUTSIDE loving little boy. From the time that we wake up in the morning until the time that I sing to him at night Blaine wants nothing more from me than for me to take him outside. Blaine would prefer to be outside to eating, sleeping, watching tv, or playing with his numerous indoor toys...this works out well because I LOVE being outside too. I am learning to use his love of the outdoors as an advantage for me and get my workouts in and just include him in them...like taking him for a hike in the jogging stroller. Blaine is almost 15 months old and he already has his first (of many I am sure) farmers tan...I noticed this on the back of his neck the other night at bath time. Another love that Blaine has discovered is the love of the four wheeler or the "a-wa-wa" as he would call it. If he hears it crank up and he is in the house he falls to pieces...if he sees his daddy on it he runs after it and throws a fit...he LOVES the BIG four wheeler. We have one slight problem these days...our yard was just plowed up because we are doing some drainage work, putting in a fence, and getting ready to do some major landscaping so our yard is a mess...there are parts of the yard that he cannot walk in...and this makes being outside high maintenance. This is unfortunate because outside used to be the ONE place that we could go to get away from the "NOs".

In other news Blaine weighed 22 lbs at his last check up was 34 inches long so all looks normal...he is long and skinny as he has always been!! Blaine is talking so much these days and this is one of my favorite things about having an almost 16 month old!! He has learned to imitate some of his favorite shows, like on Little Einsteins they do the "pat pat pat pat" blast off....and he does that, he says "Daisy", he says "cup", "boo boo", he mimics us singing the 8 little monkeys song, he says "head" "eyes" "nose", and loves to sing the "head, shoulders, knees, and toes" song...he knows the different sounds that animals like cows, lion, dog, make...he really LOVES animals!!! I am so impressed and intrigued by what he understands everyday!! We are not potty training by any means but we did purchase a little potty for the bathroom. I plan on letting Blaine sit on it before he gets in the bath tub each night just to get used to it, and to get into a routine. He is already telling me that he has used the bathroom in his pants...(mainly #2 - which is probably TMI) and we have discussed "PP" in his diaper. He is far from ready, but we are beginning to lay the ground work for it. Jason and I have approached each change sleeping, weening from night time feedings, weening from the bottle, as a process and in all cases our approach has worked well...so we will take the same approach with this, I figure with another 6 months (at the most) of ground work we will reevaluate where we stand. I do think that it is important not to start too early, so we will be following his lead...

No comments:

Post a Comment